Mouse Jerky After Resume From Standby

I have a problem the mouse being so jerky that it's unusable after resuming
from standby and I have to reboot to get it working again. I unchecked
allowing the mouse to bring the computer out of standby but that didn't
help. I have 3 computers, two with XP Home and one with XP Pro. Two have
MS Intellimouse Optical mice and the third has an MS Wheelmouse Optical.
All are connected by USB. All three computers have this problem and it
started about a month ago so I'm guessing it has something to do with an MS
update.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

  • Re: Mouse Jerky After Resume From Standby
    ... from standby and I have to reboot to get it working again. ... I have 3 computers, two with XP Home and one with XP Pro. ... Explorer showed constant hardware interrupts occupying 30% - 40% ... A reboot was the only cure. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Mouse Jerky After Resume From Standby
    ... from standby and I have to reboot to get it working again. ... I have 3 computers, two with XP Home and one with XP Pro. ... MS Intellimouse Optical mice and the third has an MS Wheelmouse Optical. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • RE: Media Center Doesnt Always Resume From Standby
    ... I'll take a look at the settings for my hard drive. ... > I use a cordless mouse and that never brings me out of standby. ... The older systems used to recommended leaving computers on standby ... >> and I have to reboot the machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Mouse Jerky After Resume From Standby
    ... Thanks for the suggestion but I doubt it's a power problem or it wouldn't ... the only updates common to all three computers is MS update. ... resuming from standby and I have to reboot to get it working again. ... Two have MS Intellimouse Optical mice and the third has an MS Wheelmouse ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Resuming from Standby is a normal boot-up process
    ... sleep mode. ... That would cause a reboot if in system properties-- advanced tab ... "Unknown" wrote: ... allow coming out of standby. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)