Re: Disk error press any key to restart.

Did you run the mfg's diagnostics on the old drive to confirm it was bad? That error does not always mean you have a bad drive, you could have a bad data cable, defective drive controller, flakey power supply, bad motherboard, or other problems, which is very likely as your new drive is producing the same error.
There is no "automatic" way to fix it, proper troubleshooting needs to be done, and it can be rather difficult tracking down the problem, I would suggest a competent repair shop.

--

----

"trillian" <trillian.3bo3jb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:trillian.3bo3jb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi friends,

Some few months before i got an error message "A DISK READ ERROR
OCCURRED " press any key to restart. I thought my hard disk gone so i
bought an new Seagate 250 GB SATA hard disk and installed Windows XP SP2
with preinstalled SATA driver in it.

Installation went smoothly and XP worked well.

While using my system got freeze sometime and the mouse point do not
move smoothly. Then i restarted my system now in boot screen it showed
an new error message "Disk error press any key to restart"

Then i didn't switch on my system for more than two hours then i
started my system now my XP starts up without any error message.

when i press ctrl+alt del the CPU usage was around 90 - 95% and in that
SVCHOST process is about 99 and system idle process is always 99.

when i try to open some windows application my system got freeze and
once again i got the same "DISK ERROR " message.

i have noticed that when my system freezes this error occurs.

is there any program which automatically get rid of this error please
suggest me.

please help me out to solve this problem.

NOTE: i have installed new hard disk installed in my system.
my sys config are:
INTEL CORE 2 DUO processor
INTEL 945GCL motherboard
1GB DDR2 KINGSTON RAM
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 250 GB SATA HARD DISK
SONY DVD ROM

--
trillian
trillian's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52163

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: SP2 will not install
    ... way to get around this problem is to rename the old file on your hard disk. ... You can do this even while you still have the error message on your screen. ... Find and rename the file on your disk, then click on the Retry button in the ... >> Click Retry to retry or Cancel to cancel. ...
  • Disk error press any key to restart.
    ... Some few months before i got an error message "A DISK READ ERROR ... OCCURRED " press any key to restart. ... bought an new Seagate 250 GB SATA hard disk and installed Windows XP SP2 ... Installation went smoothly and XP worked well. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Inspiron 9300 Hard disk failure UK
    ... I think my sons hd has packed up (keeps getting error message on ... your av /or a recently installed software programme etc" upon restart ... I would guess the I 9300 to use a SATA hard disk. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Invalid "Office In Use" Dialog
    ... but the error message could be generated because the Test Drive was not removed properly from your hard disk. ... If you did not use the removal tool to get rid of the TD, some fragments may still be present on your hard disk, and we know from experience that this can cause a high amount of undesirable behaviour. ... Run it from there, let it remove any instances of Office it can find, and when it's done, delete the Microsoft Office 2004 folder in your Applications folder if it is still there. ... I know that this cannot be true, because I have a valid copy of Office for Mac (Student Edition) that I got with my student discount a while back. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)
  • Re: No Diskwizard?
    ... Upon typing fdisk at the A: prompt, an error message appears "No fixed disks ... Error Message When You Run ScanDisk or Fdisk: No Fixed Disks Present ... The jumper settings on the hard disk are incorrectly configured. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)