Problem installing hardware
- From: Sandy Bartlet <bartlets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 18:55:21 -0400
I cannot install my IEEE 1394 controller or a 5-button MS USB Intelli-mouse optical or an HP Laserjet 1100 printer. The hardware is detected and properly identified but the driver install ends with:
There is a problem installing this hardware:
IEEE 1394 Controller
An error occurred during the installation of the device
The data is invalid
I get the same error for the mouse. For the printer I get:
Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed.
I am running Windows XP SP3 with all updates installed (same problem when it was SP2). Uninstalling and re-installing does not help.
- Prev by Date: Re: sp3 will not re boot with a firewire external hard drive attac
- Next by Date: Re: Old Duke is a TROLL
- Previous by thread: Re: Intergrated Graphics or Video Card??????
- Next by thread: Re: Problem installing hardware