SATA Western Digital Caviar HD install and set up problems

I'm having mega headaches trying to install a SATA HD and get it running.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte 915P MB -GA-8195P Duo (Pro), new about 2 ½ years ago - which initially had 2 Hitachi 160 GB SATA HDs set up in a Raid O array. These occupy two of the four SATA slots on the MB.

It also had an IDE DVD RW originally and I later added a SATA Pioneer DVD RW in one of the spare slots. This was recognised by windows and worked immediately.

I've now acquired a Western Digital 400GB SATA drive to occupy the last remaining SATA slot.

WD's web site indicated that a jumper was required to cause this second generation SATA drive to revert to a 150MB?s transfer rate which is the speed quoted in the Gigabyte MB user guide. It reads:

"S_ATA0/S_ATA1/S_ATA2/S_ATA3 (Serial ATA Connector)

Serial ATA can provide 150MB'stransfer rate. Please refer to the BIOS settings for the Serial ATA and install the proper driver in order to work properly" (My italics - I don't understand the reference to installing a driver).

The problem.

The WD HD shows up during POST and in CMOS but Windows will not boot. Instead the following message appears:

"Boot from CD

Boot from CD

Disk boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter."

I've been into BIOS to try and fix things.

In Bios, the standard CMOS features show the following:

"IDE Channel 0 Master HL-DTST DVD RAM GSH (The IDE DVD RW?)

IDE Channel 0 Slave None

IDE Channel 2 Master S_ATA1_ Raid drive

IDE Channel 2 Slave S_ATA2_ (the Western's id)

IDE Channel 3 Master S_ATA3_ Raid drive

IDE Channel 3 Slave S_ATA4_ (the Pioneer's id)"

In the Advanced BIOS features the boot priority is:

"Hard drive

CD Rom

Floppy."

On entering the Hard Drive Boot Priority, I found at first that the WD HD appeared before Intel Raid - Volume 0 (assumed to be the Hitachi RAID drives. I changed the order and rebooted, hoping that I had solved the problem. But the same "Disk boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter." Message appears.

What have I missed? The MB user guide reference to "Please refer to the BIOS settings for the Serial ATA and install the proper driver in order to work properly" confuses me. What drivers?

Can anyone help me out with this and tell me what to do to get this new HD up and running?

TIA

John

.