Re: CD-Rom not recognized in: BIOS or Device Mgr. or my computer

If the BIOS can't see it, XP surely won't. Replace it with a working unit.

rmorda wrote:

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem yet?

I'm having the same problem on 2 laptops! I can't figure it out for
the life of me....

Thanks!

  • Re: How safe is my BIOS Power-on Password?
    ... Since I use a BIOS power-on password to protect the data on my laptop ... On laptops, the BIOS ... you to set boot devices and boot options. ... all they are shown is the hard disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Backlight mystery - anyone shed light? some progress
    ... fixed after updating to the latest BIOS. ... Windows who have the same problem. ... obtain a suitable iso file to do the upgrade. ... Laptops need this piece of code to be ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Breaking LoJack for Laptops
    ... Lojack for Laptops resides in the BIOS CME area, and in the HPA area on the hard drive. ... Granted, both of these require someone with more than "dumb-thug" intelligence, and the folks that are smart enough to do the above can get a good-paying job in IT and not be out stealing laptops in the first place. ... CC of this set back to original mailing list full-disclosure. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Why bother turning laptop ext. video off?
    ... I use for presentations (an older Thinkpad) apparently can not ... For the X40, I was able to locate a small C program that does ... I also had some laptops where this used to work ... BIOS models. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Password Software?
    ... With a desktop computer, when all else fails, the BIOS ... With laptops, this is usually not possible because the manuafacturer makes it ... employee who was on the point of dismissal. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)