Re: Internal drive does not show up in "My Computer" after re-install of Win XP Home - SP2

On Mar 10, 8:07 pm, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Right click on My Computer, select Manage. On the following screen, click
on Disk Management. Does it show up on the right hand side and can you
assign it a drive letter? Once it's got a letter, it will show up in
Windows Explorer.

--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imagingwww.coribright.com/windows

<ams...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I re-installed Windows XP Home - SP2 due to some other problems and
now my internal slave drive is not visible in "My Computer". During
Boot up checked the setup and the drive is recognized. It also shows
in the Device Manager and says is working OK.

I have data on this drive and would not like to reformat.

Appreciate any help on this.

The drive shows up on the right side, but I cannot assign it a drive
letter. The option Change drive letter and assign paths is not
selectable. Also the details for the drive indicate 186.31G
Healthy(Active), but does not indicate the type of filesystem. Also
this is a 320G internal drive.

  • Re: usb device not recognised
    ... What I am saying is that it is ... What shows in Device Manager under ... error)but I was addressing the drive letter issue when it may very well be ... |> I don't really know that much at all about Disk Management myself. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT: Freecom tough drive problem
    ... up in Device Manager and says that it's working and it also shows up on ... Choose Disk management from the list ... But is shown as drive 6 unallocated in the lower right hand pane. ... Right clicking doesn't give me the option to allocate a drive letter like the the other drive! ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: 120 gig usb 3000LE external drive problems
    ... Thanks for the quik reply but i it also doesn't show in Disk Management ... "Jef Norton" wrote: ... > You need to assign it a drive letter in order to be able to find the drive ... > | drive and adds it in the device manager. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Good USB memory stick gives i/o error
    ... In Disk Management, instead of showing up with no drive letter ... I get an Explorer window showing the U3 files but cannot run them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Disk Management
    ... I need to mount (assign drive letter) to ... how can I get 'Disk Management' to work? ... >> Please add first all the components mentioned in the thread below and resolve thier dependencies. ... >> - use diskpart tool. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)