Re: Added RAM and lost HD space

"bwin" <bwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:AD46DC7A-7B55-48F5-AC93-3A7A190C2330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just upgraded my RAM from 512 to 768 MB and expected a performance
boost...
however, that didn't happen because my free HD space went from 800MB-ish
175-ish. Why did this happen, and how do I recover the 'lost' space?

Believe the answer lies with 2 replies that need to be tied together to get
the loss you're looking as the culprit.

By default, windows assigns 1.5 times the RAM as the default pagefile size.
That accounts for 384 MB additional partition space used. The remainder is
probably the hiberfil.sys increase in size, along with other garbage
collected as well.
Dave

.