Re: Added RAM and lost HD space

"bwin" <bwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:AD46DC7A-7B55-48F5-AC93-3A7A190C2330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just upgraded my RAM from 512 to 768 MB and expected a performance
boost...
however, that didn't happen because my free HD space went from 800MB-ish
175-ish. Why did this happen, and how do I recover the 'lost' space?

Believe the answer lies with 2 replies that need to be tied together to get
the loss you're looking as the culprit.

By default, windows assigns 1.5 times the RAM as the default pagefile size.
That accounts for 384 MB additional partition space used. The remainder is
probably the hiberfil.sys increase in size, along with other garbage
collected as well.
Dave

  • Re: Bagle worm
    ... Lost! ... Dave ... | recover those messages????? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: I wonder if Kodak "ever went to print" with this stuff?
    ... I've never done that with a print or roll of film. ... Intrestign that last year or so a friend whom was shipped to thialand to help a hotel recover about 8 servers from a basement that was flooded by the Tsunami, a lot of their data was lost what remained were bookings made by paper which survived. ... So you'd opt for the money back guarentee on paper/ink that will last 200 years ot yuor money back. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Kyle Petty on the bubble
    ... Recover from the loss of a child, ... His death changed EVERYTHING. ... I know people who have lost children who give up their ...
    (rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated)
  • Re: "File is corrupt and cannot be opened" error message
    ... No, sorry, you have lost it. ... When it asked you "Do you want to try to recover the content..." ... Heroes - s02 ... John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Easy File Undelete 2.4
    ... Easy File Undelete is an effective and comprehensive application ... designed to help users recover deleted files from their computer. ... Files lost due to accidental deletion or from hard drive reformatting ... on large hard drives, Easy File Undelete is designed to search them as ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)