Very slow boot after installing ASUS TV FM Card
- From: "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:57:23 -0400
Just installed an ASUS TV FM 7135 card & drivers/software without problem.
Made sure it was seated firmly in PCI slot and audio was connected to
Creative's Audigy 4 audio-in. Since then my system hangs for a seemingly
interminable 3-4 minutes at the Intel BIOS boot screen, then I get the XP
scrolling bar and then a further hang of aprrox. 45 seconds before the
sign-in screen appears. Once booted everything works fine, no excessive
memory or CPU usage and the card works just fine. The normal boot-time for
my system is perhaps a max of 50seconds including signing in.
I've combed the internet and haven't found anyone with the same problem.
Any ideas anyone?
XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Beta
Intel P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 700gb HD
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio
- Prev by Date: Re: Additional hard drive takes disk 0 position
- Next by Date: Re: Microsoft Office Keyboard - USB type
- Previous by thread: Upgrade information required
- Next by thread: Re: Very slow boot after installing ASUS TV FM Card