Re: DVI monitor: no video until Windows Starts

I'm running a Samsung 19" LCD monitor from the DVI connector and everything
is visible at startup. I had gone into the BIOS to turn off the Intel logo -
that's all.

"Dante" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a LCD monitor with DVI input. The monitor does not display anything
until the Starting Windows splash screen comes up. So the BIOS splash, boot
options etc are all missing. I guess this is ok until a problem arises. Is
this the nature of DVI or is it my DVI graphics card? It is a ATI Radeon
VE -- One of the early dual-head graphics cards, AGP 4X.

  • Re: LCD Display Question
    ... Not sure why it isn't outputting correctly, but I'd look in the BIOS ... The display adapter has two DVI outputs, ... only display BIOS input if I feed it into the monitor's VGA input. ... I can use either DVI output from the card but they both exhibit the ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Questions on how to connect computer to TV
    ... |>>so its BEST to use the vga connector on a TV for this? ... |> As a practical matter yes, or a DVI. ... mind is whether that is a problem due to incompetent engineers or incompetent ... I'd not spend money, code or memory on other than basics like hardware banner, security cues, BIOS access menu and error reporting. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: DVI monitor: no video until Windows Starts
    ... Only through the DVI (LCD) do I not see anything until the Windows start logo shows up. ... Maybe your LCD can not display the frequency your computer uses for the BIOS screens. ... You won't see the boot options unless you press F8 as the computer restarts and before Windows loads. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: LCD Display Question
    ... Red Squirrel typed on Sat, ... Not sure why it isn't outputting correctly, but I'd look in the BIOS ... The display adapter has two DVI outputs, ... only display BIOS input if I feed it into the monitor's VGA input. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Kein Bild am BenQ FP202W nach dem Einschalten
    ... FP202W Flatscreen (DVI angestöpselt). ... Nach dem Einschalten gibt es kein Bild, bis Windows den Treiber ... BIOS, DOS und sonstige Auflösungen. ...
    (de.comp.hardware.graphik)