HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AppKey

My wife has a Dell Dim 4700 and the SK-8135 keyboard. I wanted to
program the extra keys on the keyboard. Seems I needed DellTouch. Could
not find it anywhere on Dell's website. Chatted with a rep, who gave me
the entirely wrong link and drivers. Found Netropa.com, downloaded the
seemingly correct files, installed, and wound up with an empty
key-programming window. Drat!

Found http://blog.mennos.org/nucleus3.2/index.php?blogid=1&catid=5
where there were instructions on how to do this manually in the
registry. I have tried, but have had no success. Can someone help me!?

The subkeys of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Ap
pKey in my wife's Windows XP Home are 15, 16, 17, 18, and 7, and they
seem to correspond to the keys I want to program. I tried to put in
the new string value (correct terminology?) "ShellExecute" for all of
them and the value (for instance) "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\Winword.com". No cigar!

The programs I want to run with the extra keys are all of the format
"C:\Program Files ...\xxx.exe".

Looking forward to some pointers.

Hans L

  • Re: YASID video phones (was Re: Quickly fixing science fiction)
    ...  It had extra keys on ... LotRO* -- so I plugged in a different keyboard that wouldn't do ... to use a videophone, that he or she /owns/, and doesn't do it, ...  Until one harried housewife used a dollop of cake batter ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • YASID video phones (was Re: Quickly fixing science fiction)
    ... personal computers, especially laptops, fitted with cameras, ... It had extra keys on ... LotRO* -- so I plugged in a different keyboard that wouldn't do ... to use a videophone, that he or she /owns/, and doesn't do it, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • [opensuse] Getting extra keys on a specialized keyboard to work
    ... I'm trying to get the extra keys working on a friend's keyboard. ... is one of those special keyboards (ZBoard) with loads of extra keys. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Input+S3: extra keycodes forgotten after suspend
    ... checked the extra keys and enabled debug again ... also pressed caps-lock when graphics were ... Question - does the problem happen if you dont have dritek extension ... resume keyboard and mouse;) I will see what I can do there.. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [opensuse] Keyboards
    ... I have an Logitech internet navigator keyboard under 11.2 and KDE 3.5.x i ... was able to select this keyboard and all the extra keys would function ... correctly (apart from the iTouch key) never did find what that was ...
    (SuSE)