My wife has a Dell Dim 4700 and the SK-8135 keyboard. I wanted to
program the extra keys on the keyboard. Seems I needed DellTouch. Could
not find it anywhere on Dell's website. Chatted with a rep, who gave me
the entirely wrong link and drivers. Found, downloaded the
seemingly correct files, installed, and wound up with an empty
key-programming window. Drat!

where there were instructions on how to do this manually in the
registry. I have tried, but have had no success. Can someone help me!?

The subkeys of
pKey in my wife's Windows XP Home are 15, 16, 17, 18, and 7, and they
seem to correspond to the keys I want to program. I tried to put in
the new string value (correct terminology?) "ShellExecute" for all of
them and the value (for instance) "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\". No cigar!

The programs I want to run with the extra keys are all of the format
"C:\Program Files ...\xxx.exe".

Looking forward to some pointers.

Hans L