Re: "NTLDR is missing" - do I have to reinstall XP to get around this and boot up?
- From: "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:25:24 -0500
Will Denny wrote:
Boot with your XP CD in the cd drive. Select 'To repair..' by
pressing 'R'. When in the Recovery Console type the following:
"copy X:\i386\ntldr C:\" - without the quotes.
Where X is the letter of your CD drive and C is the letter of your
system drive. Take the XP CD out of the cd drive and reboot into XP
<tdick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello, I am getting error message "NTLDR is missing" when trying to
boot up my Dell Dimension 8250 XP box. F2 and F12 work but F8 (safe
mode) does not, at least I have not been able to get it to boot to
safe mode. Have rebooted from the XP boot disk and run chkdsk /r
but this does not solve it. Am advised by a local tech help person
that only solution will be to reinstall XP. Does anyone know of
alternatives to this? I would rather not do a full reinstall of XP
if I can help it. Thanks.
Do you know if the "bcupdate2.exe" will do the same thing?
- Prev by Date: Re: SATA Help Please - (Complicated)
- Next by Date: X2 3800 vs D830
- Previous by thread: Re: "NTLDR is missing" - do I have to reinstall XP to get around this and boot up?
- Next by thread: Re: "NTLDR is missing" - do I have to reinstall XP to get around this and boot up?