Event ID: 7
Date: 28/01/2006
Time: 20:38:33
User: N/A
Computer: OWNER-ZVUDP33DE
The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

Did you install some type of driver for this external unit?

Microsoft uses DVD writer as DVD Rom drives. You need additional software to
be able to create DVD media.

--
---

Y.

  • DVD writer DMA problem
    ... problem with my BTC IDE1008 DVD writer. ... recognised if it is in PIO mode. ... not recognise it as a DVD just identifying it as a local ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: 3 things working in -STABLE and not in -CURRENT
    ... > This command used to recognise the hot plug of my CDROM into my laptop ... > hot-swapability of the drive bay has depended on acpi.ko being loaded ... DVD writer on ata1-master is not being recognized. ... and a 5.2-RELEASE disc recognizes both drives. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Lenny does not recognise blank CD; Etch does.
    ... DVD writer will recognise one. ... I have come to the conclusion that it is probably a kernel issue because the kernel never shows that it recognises there is a blank disc in that drive under Lenny. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fujitsu-Siemens DVD Writer problems
    ... For some reason, the DVD writer has ... started refusing to recognise blank media, so I can't burn discs at ... It recognises some CDs, and some DVDs too, but not blank media. ...
  • dvd-r wont recognise blank disk
    ... I have a Fujitsu AmiloD 7850 and the problem is that my dvd writer doesn't ... recognise as blank the disks when it's trying to burn it. ...