Re: LEXAR JumpDrives to FORMAT

HP has a small program just for that purpose. I have a Sandisk Mini Cruiser
(1 gig) that I have used the utility with. I can't say that it will work
with all USB thumb drives.

You can get it here:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqdt/us/download/20306.html

Note that the default format is fat. Do not change that unless you know why
you must.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

<infnet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> We have TWO, 1-GB LEXAR Jump Drives, along with one 512MB stick -
>
> In order to get the FULL amount of space out of these drives,
> you have to first FORMAT the drives....
>
> Q: Which format is the best to go for on Windows XP Pro?

> Thanks!
> -Infnet

  • Re: Pix of my VTX1800C
    ... etc. I've played out in just about every format there is, ... Big work for small money. ... band how I showed up at every gig with a dif amp. ... WHAT a gig! ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • using FAT32.IFS
    ... One of my USB thumb drives is a 2 GB Kingston Data Traveller. ... So I used DFSee 8.10 to reformat it to FAT32. ... So then I tried several other tacks with DFSee, including a LONG format, ... since the boot-up took place with no FAT32 partitions on ...
    (comp.os.os2.apps)
  • Re: Orphaned Files from chkdsk NOW are missing
    ... I simply copy and pasted the files from the 40 to the 160 gig HD so I would be able to format the 40 and do a fresh install of Windows XP. ... > can not use any Windows copy functions to clone a HDD, ...
  • Re: Cannot Format Entire Drive
    ... XP does not use any DOS during the boot process. ... Use the XP install CD to set up the partition as NTFS. ... >> 200 gig hard drive, 59 gig of space being used ... >> I used a Win 98 boot disk to format. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: using FAT32.IFS