Re: second HD

thanks a lot - I can see it now
there is one problem - the volume of the HD is ~20GB but shows only ~ 2GB
that HD was used before as primary system disk
any suggestions?

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "robert" <r.spernacki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | Hi,
> | I have win xp installed on SATA; now I added IDE on primary IDE
> channel -
> | I can see it in device manager but can not see it in my computer
> | what's wrong?
>
> Have you been to Disk Management to initialize, partition and format the
> disk? It will not be usable until you do.
>
> How to install an additional hard drive using Windows XP Disk Management
> http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/howto/install_xp_disk_mgmt.html
>
> --
> Doug
>
> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
> I was just trying to help.
> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
> advice herein.
> No warranty is expressed or implied.
> Your mileage may vary.
> See store for details. :)
>
> Remove shoes to E-mail.

  • Re: Downsizing from Windows 7 to XP Pro
    ... Can't find the drivers. ... you can't install XP on the computer. ... XP's disk won't have drivers for 2009-10 hardware. ... of my SP1 XP machines had SATA connectors on the mobo. ...
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 402
    ... Play With Ubuntu, Now Mac Won't Boot! ... openoffice3..deb and install it). ... thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk. ... Play With Ubuntu, Now Mac Won't Boot! ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Windows Xp crash
    ... The Bios is not showing any hard drives. ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Windows Xp crash
    ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... indicated that all drives had no disk inserted. ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Partition Magic - Reverse Boot Drives?
    ... Use this to install a complete new operating system on a clean drive. ... onto an unallocated space on your hard drive. ... Select disk 1 to see that partition or disk 2 to see the new hard drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)