Re: DVDRW Driver only working in PIO mode

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817472

"IDE ATA and ATAPI disks use PIO mode after multiple time-out or CRC errors
occur"

There's a lot of information in the article. The simplest is removing the
secondary IDE controller from Device Manager, and letting it automatically
re-install on reboot.

.