Re: How to transfer files to new computer

You know if all else fails it helps to read the instructions.
If the program asks for a specific USB cable .........go buy one
If you wish to use a network cable you will still need a special
cable.Either way you will need to spend some money to do what you are trying
to do.
You are looking for a crossover cable that will allow you to connect 2
computers directly

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"flutterby1947" <flutterby1947.1o67pn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I want to transfer my music files to my new computer. Both computers
> are running with XP.. My old one hasn't got a burner. I have a program
> called Fastlynx.3.2. It says to use a cable with USB connectors on both
> ends. I have a network cable for the plugin (looks like a larger phone
> jack connector). What other ways are there, I know there must be a way
> that doesn't cost a lot of $. Any help will be sorely appreciated.
> :rolleyes:
> --
> flutterby1947