Re: How to transfer files to new computer

You know if all else fails it helps to read the instructions.
If the program asks for a specific USB cable .........go buy one
If you wish to use a network cable you will still need a special
cable.Either way you will need to spend some money to do what you are trying
to do.
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-ethernet-crossover.asp
You are looking for a crossover cable that will allow you to connect 2
computers directly
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"flutterby1947" <flutterby1947.1o67pn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I want to transfer my music files to my new computer. Both computers
> are running with XP.. My old one hasn't got a burner. I have a program
> called Fastlynx.3.2. It says to use a cable with USB connectors on both
> ends. I have a network cable for the plugin (looks like a larger phone
> jack connector). What other ways are there, I know there must be a way
> that doesn't cost a lot of $. Any help will be sorely appreciated.
> :rolleyes:
>

> --
> flutterby1947

  • Re: can we break the wordwrap limit in kmail?
    ... at my knowledge autism is when people close on themselves ... At that time mass cellphone use was just starting and warnings ... more over Billy gives more than half of his money to charity. ... what is real is that 90% of computers run their OS. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: can we break the wordwrap limit in kmail?
    ... I'm afraid I don't understand what you're getting at...; I quoted that scene ... more over Billy gives more than half of his money to charity. ... what is real is that 90% of computers run their OS. ... made of my own titled "Linux Vs Windows" in alt.os.linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: self-extracting diskette image to hard disk? (or, IBM keeping inexpensive supercomputers awa
    ... >> also have brought in huge amounts of money, ... > I know what IBM was doing, ... >> claiming not only that memory would be many times larger than existing ... >> selling these super computers for $3000. ...
    (comp.os.os2.misc)
  • Re: Ethical question.
    ... but your browser has a footprint that can be used ... "dirty" money (how many folks ship boxes of cash??). ... Someone used one of the computers at the local library to send ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: End of the dollar?
    ... Yes, it can and unless this mad spending is curbed, world war is inevitable. ... money, freely convertible to paper notes, and moves it about. ... where "finances" meant mere bits in computers. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)