Re: SP3 will not install but no error message

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:25:01 -0700, LewB
<whoislew@xxxxxxxxxxx(sparethespam)> wrote:

In Program Files this is listed as Microsoft Antispyware and has 3 folders
Deactivated Items, Quarantined, and TempUpdates and 13 files and 17MB total
size. Modified on %-% 2006. Perhaps as someone suggested this could be
Windows Defender?

To my surprise (I didn't remember this at all) Windows Defender was
formerly known as Microsoft Antispyware. See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_AntiSpyware

That means you have a *very* old version of it, which you should get
rid of.

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:44:01 -0700, LewB