RE: Windows xp and vista

"shantara" wrote:

Had xp and inadvertantly installed vista on top of it. When I try to do a
system restore to an earlier version of windows(xp) I am asked for
administrator password. I dont remember my password. How can I bypass this or
find my password from xp. If I reinstall xp, how do I get back all my
pictures and documents?

Save your pictures and documents first before doing anything else. Boot the
machine from a live linnux CD such as Knoppix. Copy your data to an external
USB hard drive. Alternatively, remove your hard drive from the machine and
slave it into another machine and copy the data off to the host machine.

Leave the administrator password blank. If you didn't use a password during
the install, you shouldn't need one now.
.