RE: Windows xp and vista

"shantara" wrote:

Had xp and inadvertantly installed vista on top of it. When I try to do a
system restore to an earlier version of windows(xp) I am asked for
administrator password. I dont remember my password. How can I bypass this or
find my password from xp. If I reinstall xp, how do I get back all my
pictures and documents?

Save your pictures and documents first before doing anything else. Boot the
machine from a live linnux CD such as Knoppix. Copy your data to an external
USB hard drive. Alternatively, remove your hard drive from the machine and
slave it into another machine and copy the data off to the host machine.

Leave the administrator password blank. If you didn't use a password during
the install, you shouldn't need one now.

  • Password
    ... Unable to login to laptop because I don't know ... Administrator password. ... How can I bypass this? ... help because I have a portfolio due soon, ...
  • Re: Sign-on Password
    ... ask them for the Administrator password. ... > I purchased a PC from a business going out of business. ... How do I override or bypass this ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • forgotten password for win200 pro
    ... I have forgotten my administrator password. ... let me know if there is a way to bypass or change the ... password without reinstalling the program. ... assistance would be MUCH appreciated. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    ... Recently my computer shutdown on its own and my ... administrator password will not let me log in. ... any way to reset the password or bypass it so I can log ...