Re: booting up problems

"Amin" <Amin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1CDCB913-29AC-4AA4-AE52-D178B95CBCEA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi i have installed a network adapter in my xp computer to have wireless,
after this installation the pc had a problem booting up and severeal it
has
restarted within the boot process it finally boots up and i configured the
card and actually logged onto the net. however when i restarted the pc it
refused to boot up, all it does is boot and ask me tp press F1 to continue
and anytime i press it goes round and come back to the same point asking
for
the F1 to be pressed to contiue. Now i have removed the card that i
installed
in the hope that it may boot up but is not it just carries on with asking
me
to press f1 to continue but it will never boot up. sometimes it comes up
with
the choices for me to bootup in safe or the others mode but any of the
choices i have used has [have] not really helped me what can i do to
resolve
this proble [problem] guys.
thank you

You could try a manual System Restore:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545.

  • Re: [kde-linux] grub and grub2
    ... original grub, but Korora boots off of grub2. ... I like the PCLOS boot screen. ... the grub1 installation on one disk alone until I was totally comfortable ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
    ... No one has said either yes or no to the proposed installation as described ... just disconnect the already installed Vista drive, then plug in the blank HDD ... the first of the boot options if it detects WinXP already installed on the ... The System Partition must be a primary partition and marked Active ...
  • Re: Grub not being written to boot drive
    ... several linux/windows dual boot systems. ... Choose a Linux, any Linux, I've tried 10 different Distros and get the ... the installation begins and proceeds normally with ... to recognize my NVIDIA card and not the onboard Radeon card. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot
    ... I installed squeeze amd64 yesterday on a raid1. ... the card was here I put it in and couldn't boot. ... Without the card installed bpo amd64 kernel but couldn't boot again. ... The installation proccess was smoothly (you selected a mdadm ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
    ... All you really need to do then is to update the startup files on your first HDD. ... Leave the first HDD connected, with the System Partition on it - and WinXP somewhere on that HDD, too. ... Boot from your Vista DVD and click Repair your computer. ... No one has said either yes or no to the proposed installation as described ...