Re: Cannot find hyperterm

I have Hyperterminal installed at: "C:\Program Files\Windows
NT\hypertrm.exe"

and the program is in the Start menu at: Start > Programs > Accessories >
Communications.

Any help? This *might* be a Windows XP Pro function but I'm not sure.
Alain

"angbob" <angbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Windows XP Home SP3

I cannot find hyperterm.

Hyperterm does not appear anywhere in Start/Programs. (I cannot find it
in
the menu, and no file whose name begins with "ht" or "hyp" appears in
Documents and Settings/.../Start Menu/Programs/*.)

Hyperterm is not identified anywhere in Add/Remove Programs, Windows
Components.

I found these three Help files and Applet libraries under C:\WINDOWS\:

Apr 23 1999 .\Help\HYPERTRM.CNT
Mar 31 2003 .\Help\hypertrm.chm
Mar 31 2003 .\Help\hypertrm.hlp
Mar 31 2003 .\system32\dllcache\htrn_jis.dll HyperTerminal Applet
Library
Aug 4 2004 .\$NtUninstallKB873339$\hypertrm.dll HyperTerminal Applet
Library
Nov 17 2004 .\$hf_mig$\KB873339\SP2QFE\hypertrm.dll HyperTerminal Applet
Library
Apr 13 2008 .\ServicePackFiles\i386\hypertrm.dll HyperTerminal Applet
Library

Any thoughts on how I can get hyperterm installed?
Any thoughts on why it's not installed?

  • Re: Cannot find hyperterm
    ... Yes, Hyperterm ought to be in Ciommunications, but in my system it's nowhere ... Wireless Network Setup Wizard.lnk ... I found these three Help files and Applet libraries under C:\WINDOWS\: ... Aug 4 2004 .\$NtUninstallKB873339$\hypertrm.dll HyperTerminal Applet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot find hyperterm
    ... Hyperterm does not appear anywhere in Start/Programs. ... Hyperterm is not identified anywhere in Add/Remove Programs, Windows ... I found these three Help files and Applet libraries under C:\WINDOWS\: ... Aug 4 2004 .\$NtUninstallKB873339$\hypertrm.dll HyperTerminal Applet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot find hyperterm
    ... Hyperterm does not appear anywhere in Start/Programs. ... Hyperterm is not identified anywhere in Add/Remove Programs, Windows ... I found these three Help files and Applet libraries under ... OEM versions of they all have it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Using Windows XP hyperterminal with OpenVMS
    ... Subject: Re: Using Windows XP hyperterminal with OpenVMS ... Run, don't walk from Hyperterm! ... Incoming mail is certified Virus Free. ... Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: file transfers: no HYPERTERM
    ... Anbody know where to find a HYPERTERM substitute for a WIN 7 system? ... For my new WINDOWS 7 system, ... ZMODEM through a USB to SERIAL adapter. ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)