Re: Saving and Restoring the Registry
- From: "W. eWatson" <notvalid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:03:09 -0800
After looking around a bit, it seemed like regedit with Export would do fine. I saved the file, but was a bit surprised at the size, 110M. That is, of course, the whole registry.
I'll check out erunt.
System Restore restores a registry? It looks like one needs to create a restore point.
I guess I'm too late for that. I have a bad install of Acrobat that's messed up my ability to fix it and even install new programs. Well, I'm working on a way around it.
Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore is how you get to....
System Restore with a mouse. I've also used the program ERUNT to backup and
restore the registry. It has done the job nicely more than once.
"W. eWatson" <notvalid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I found <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;322756>.method
Looks simple, but I thought some time ago I had found an even simpler
that didn't involve all that crazy%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exesequence. Comments?
(121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)
Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet
Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>
- Prev by Date: Video Problems Really Bad
- Next by Date: Re: Yelp!, Tried to chkdsk and now cannot boot system
- Previous by thread: Re: Saving and Restoring the Registry
- Next by thread: Re: Saving and Restoring the Registry