Anti Virus alert pop up again - using FireFox

XP SP3.
I am using FireFox 3.0.4 for web browsing. Recently while I am browsing the
internet, there are pop up about the
'Anti Virus 2009' advertisement pop up again and again, the pop up header is
Internet Explorer.
Why the pop up is IE while I am using FireFox?

I would guess there are spyware installed on my computer and this had
happened. I used the Lavasoft's Ad-Aware 2008 to clear these stuffs before,
so I will also use that to remove the spyware. I recall my memory I needed
to run this tools for 2 weeks to get rid of the spywares.

  • Re: Anti Virus alert pop up again - using FireFox
    ... I am using FireFox 3.0.4 for web browsing. ... the internet, there are pop up about the ... 'Anti Virus 2009' advertisement pop up again and again, ... Why the pop up is IE while I am using FireFox? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Pop Up Windows Then You Cant Log On or Surf - Solution - Lavasoft
    ... and use a browser that dosen't get hijacked like firefox ... >After that I could no longer log on to the internet. ... >said I had to install Windows again. ... >spyware that was the culprit. ...
  • Firefox Now Allows Anonymous Web Surfing
    ... Tweaked Firefox Lets You Surf Internet Without a Trace ... The browser is free to download at torpark.nfshost.com. ... The Torpark browser uses encryption to send data over The Onion ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • Re: stuck tcp connections 2.6.26-rc7
    ... send-Q was stuck on a number; the connection would not go to TIME_WAIT ... I usually can watch t.v.(with flash) and stream music at the same time ... and bump up the timer frequency the poor internet connection is not as ... watch with flash or even search through firefox ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Internet Explorer 7 = rubbish
    ... I think that using computers in an industrial way is different to "home" use. ... They are not used on the internet the same way that home computers are. ... I use Firefox because of the add-ons that are available, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)