High speed usb device vs non high speed hub

when i connect usb mass storage device to my usb port a message pops up,
"this device can perform faster if you connect it to usb 2.0
port.............click here" If I click this baloon:

a window with my usb drives listed comes and says to add hi-speed usb host
controller to obtain maximum speed.

The list says:
1- Intel 82801BA/BAM USB universal host controller 2442
2- same as above but 2444

How can i add host controllers to make my ports 2.0? I am using XP provided
controllers/drivers.

--

Farhan

  • Re: Windows Socket Error 0; Also disk scans hang.
    ... card, display adaptor, additional IDE controller adaptor card, USB 2.0 ... adaptor card and on-mobo USB 1.0 all use IRQ 11. ... 11 NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Guidance on USB Contoller listing in Device Manager, please
    ... I do not understand however why a known USB 2.0 device (my HP 8450 ... An USB host controller and an USB root hub is the same ... USB side which provides USB ports. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • DVD drives cause XP to freeze
    ... 2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache ... Drives - 250.04 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity ... Other Devices - VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller ... Generic USB Hub ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Guidance on USB Contoller listing in Device Manager, please
    ... An USB host controller and an USB root hub is the same ... USB side which provides USB ports. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Achieving practically possible maximum speed for USB2.0
    ... comparable to the actual data rate that can be practically achieved. ... ISP1582 USB Peripheral Controller Configuration is as follows: ... duplicating it in some Tx buffer in the internal memory of processor. ... properties) of each USB Host Controller, I found in Advanced tab option ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)