Re: FIXED

The update that caused the issue was KB925902. The Patch that fixed it was
KB935448.

Again it was a realtek audio driver that it works for.
Thanks!
Nancy

"Kelly" wrote:

Which patch, Nancy?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

SupportSpace
www.supportspace.com/pages?aiu=kellyskorner

"Nancy" <Nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Got the patch number from the folks at annoyances.org So its fixed. (And
it
was a Windows update that caused reaktek to not work)

"Nancy" wrote:

My audio drive keeps disappearing and I have to reinstall it for no
reason.
Someone mentioend this might be caused by a windows update and there is a
patch for it depending on my hardware is that true? I have onboard sound
and
this MB: MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel
Motherboard

Thanks!
Nancy

  • Re: FIXED
    ... Which patch, Nancy? ... was a Windows update that caused reaktek to not work) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • FIXED
    ... Got the patch number from the folks at annoyances.org So its fixed. ... was a Windows update that caused reaktek to not work) ... "Nancy" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bug in IE critical patch?
    ... The patch is important for your security, ... > I may have left Norton running while installing the patch. ... >> Did you "download" the patch via Windows Update? ...
  • Re: 891711/MS05-002 Updated (fixed) for Win9x
    ... I am still confused as to whether it is better to | just update and overwrite the old patch through Windows Update or is it much | safer and or better to remove the original patch and update to the new one | through Windows Update. ... |> current form, is a more or less a permanent solution, with the update |> still running as a background process? ... security |> update ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • [Full-Disclosure] OT but related.
    ... Windows Update doesn't check files, ... "For the rest of you, testing has shown that some patch management ... Update Expert will incorrectly assert ... they will correctly report the patch level. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)