Remote desktop typing wrong keys

I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 system that seems to re-map the keyboard from a standard QWERTY US 101 keyboard to the strange one displayed in the enclosed jpg. This occurs AFTER login, because I am able to type both the username and password without problems. Rebooting the remote system did not solve the problem, and the same wrong keyboard mapping occurs when connecting from a Vista Ultimate SP1 laptop (numlock was not the cause of the problem) as well as an ancient Windows 2000 Pro SP4 desktop. I need to fix this ASAP, since using the onscreen keyboard is killing my productivity!

  • Re: Opera pain
    ... Using Windows ... you can drag the image file to any drive or folder you desire.. ... I'm a operation efficiency nerd. ... hardware is just keyboard and mouse. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • Re: OpenVMS, eXursion, Laptop
    ... navigation in a Firefox window and fat-fingered a Tab (to the Send ... button) and then space bar. ... While superior to Windows in many ways, ... biggest pet peeve is keyboard navigation. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: The Beep Function.
    ... If Ctrl Alt Delete did work then the keyboard was not frozen. ... and there are a lot more experienced Windows administrators than Apple ones ... alt-ctrl-del would sometimes work to reboot the PC. ... then soon after that a very expensive, to me, Mac iBook G4. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Help Cannot install windows. Keyboard freezes
    ... Windows will not install, keyboard locks! ... Change the boot priorty to 1.44" FDD, After the system boots and comes to ... FAT32 try to install the OS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: freeze
    ... >> I have a wireless keyboard and mouse I am having problems ... >> have windows XP. ... Scan for spyware and viruses. ... Windows Update; 7) run a firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)