Re: MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP3

Thee Chicago Wolf wrote:
I'm trying to install MDAC 2.8 SP1 on a machine that has XP SP3. I'm getting the following error: "This setup does not support installing on this operating system".

Does anyone know of a way around this? I need that version of MDAC for some software we need to install on all PCs.

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible that it's already integrated into SP3?

It's in SP2, which would mean that SP3 is at least to the same version.

[Quote]
This issue occurs because Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) installs MDAC 2.8 Service Pack 1 (SP1). MDAC 2.8 with SP1 updates MDAC to version 2.81. You cannot install MDAC 2.8 if the computer is already running MDAC 2.81.

[end quote]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899861

John

  • Re: Simple Client Connectivity question
    ... sqlredis installs MDAC, the ... part of the basic MDAC install. ... Using sqlredis installs ... the same files as selecting Client Connectivity Only. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Merge Module DCOM95 for installshield
    ... > program created with Delphi 6 that uses ADO to access a Microsoft ... Make sure they install a recent version of internet ... I think it installs MDAC and the DCOM update. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)
  • Re: Funky machine
    ... Install another license of the trend 3 pack I just bought for the new system. ... Should Xp install from CD with no network connection? ... oldest operating system first as the newer operating system may overwrite ... hardware issues. ...
  • Re: Funky machine
    ... secedit to restore all default defined security settings. ... I went thru the steps and the system failed to install the new genuine ... oldest operating system first as the newer operating system may overwrite ...
  • Re: Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... > number of local administrators we have lurking around our networks. ... > idea of contacting your network consultant to install software probably ... > could install software. ... > operating system on which businesses would depend to conduct their affairs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)