Re: Accont Name Change

barrowhill wrote:
How do you go about changing the ADMIN user name that was inserted into a XP PC when the operating system was installed ?

I have changed the user name etc using USER ACCOUNTS but there is still the original ADMIN user directory under DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS which I'd like to change.

The user profile folders (C:\Documents and Settings\Username)
_cannot_ be renamed, without risky registry editing, even if the associated user account has been. So, your best course of action would be to log on using the built-in Administrator account, create a new user account, with the username desired. Once you've logged in using this new account (and transfered any data you need to preserve, you can then delete the old user account(s).

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
.