RE: How to fix Power issue-XP Pro Sony Vaio, Model PCG-7A2L Laptop..
- From: Malke <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 05:29:27 -0700
Sounds like your motherboard battery is dying, replace it.
When I attempt to power it up (battery only) I get no lights
and it doesn't power up. When I plug in the AC adapter it
turns on right away but the date goes back to 2000 and time was
screwed up. I go into control panel, date/time and plug in the
correct date/time and everything is peachy. Again, if I pull
out the AC Adapter while the laptop is on, it remains on.
The laptop is a Sony Vaio, Model PCG-7A2L
I doubt it's his motherboard battery that is causing the issue, although
that apparently is dead also. He probably needs a combination of a new
laptop battery and possibly the charger component on the motherboard is
bad. The OP needs to contact Sony tech support since this is a laptop.
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ
- Prev by Date: Re: Starting Outlook Express starts up Windows Messenger.
- Next by Date: Re: KB951748/Zone Alarm - Loss of connectivity
- Previous by thread: RE: How to fix Power issue-XP Pro Sony Vaio, Model PCG-7A2L Laptop..
- Next by thread: Fix: KB951748/Zone Alarm - Loss of connectivity