RE: How to fix Power issue-XP Pro Sony Vaio, Model PCG-7A2L Laptop..

sgopus wrote:

Sounds like your motherboard battery is dying, replace it.

"george" wrote:

When I attempt to power it up (battery only) I get no lights
and it doesn't power up. When I plug in the AC adapter it
turns on right away but the date goes back to 2000 and time was
screwed up. I go into control panel, date/time and plug in the
correct date/time and everything is peachy. Again, if I pull
out the AC Adapter while the laptop is on, it remains on.
The laptop is a Sony Vaio, Model PCG-7A2L

I doubt it's his motherboard battery that is causing the issue, although
that apparently is dead also. He probably needs a combination of a new
laptop battery and possibly the charger component on the motherboard is
bad. The OP needs to contact Sony tech support since this is a laptop.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Inspiron 3800 dead, can you help?
    ... The Battery is dead, and when I try to plug it in, nothing happens. ... the adapter to the outlet, the little green power light on the adapter ... as soon as I plug it into the laptop, ... did work if the batteries were removed. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Power Adapters: 3-prong US to 3-prong UK?
    ... I'm planning to bring my laptop from the US to ... I need is the adapter part. ... US plug and changes it into a 3-prong UK plug. ... So, am I missing something? ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Help with Sony Laptop power issue
    ... date/time and plug in the correct date/time and everything is ... Again, if I pull out the AC Adapter while the laptop is on, it ... I don't think the motherboard battery is the ... for the *last* time - either your laptop battery is bad or your motherboard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OK to leave AC adapter ON fulltime?
    ... > wall socket and then plug the adapter into the laptop. ... > How about others - is there a correct sequence? ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Help with Sony Laptop power issue
    ... date/time and plug in the ... out the AC Adapter while the laptop is on, ... The laptop is a *Sony Vaio, ... Your CMOS battery is dead, and most likely the main battery is worn ...