Re: New motherboard causes Blue Screen

I did a repair and got the same error after reboot.

I'm still stuck, I might just have to reinstall everything.

"sgopus" <sgopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Try doing a repair install first, generally when replacing a MB, the best
thing to do is not to boot to the HD first thing, boot to the install cd
and
perform a repair install.
isolate your hardware drivers ie make backups first.

"Chris White" wrote:

I installed a new motherboard in a computer running XP Home w all
updates.

The computer Blue Screened with a 0x0000007E.

I booted into Safe Mode and installed all of the drivers for the new
motherboard(USB/Video etc)

Reboot and get the same Blue Screen

Reboot into Safe Mode and it says I have to Activate and that I cannot do
it
in Safe Mode.

I guess I should have tracked down the offending drivers/hardware before
installing all of the new ones, but what do I do now?

  • Re: Stop 0x00000024
    ... Then reboot again from the CD and try the repair again. ... > with the option to setup Windows or Repair Windows Installation> using the Recovery console. ... If you still cannot> access>> XP, then reboot and re-run the repair install instructions at the> beginning>> of this message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: cant kill iexplore even in safe mode
    ... After getting sp2 installed, winupdate said it had more updates to install, ... all the computer does is reboot continuously, even in safe mode. ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Xp get stuck on; will no longer load
    ... Once you have all of your files you can reinstall the hard drive in your machine and either try to recover the system or do a fresh format and install. ... If you don't have access to another machine, can you boot to Safe Mode or a command prompt? ... If you can not boot to Safe Mode, then boot to the Recovery Console and see if you can copy your files off the drive. ... The last thing that comes to mind is a Repair Install. ...
  • Re: IE shows a blank screen when opened.
    ... Reinstalling would trump a repair, ... actually occurred during the reboot which the install requires. ... Unknown File Type, 15 bytes ...
  • Re: New XP system hangs after OSloader screen
    ... boot normally, which is the only way I could apply this bios update (can't ... install it in safe mode). ... After installing the last driver, you must reboot, so I restared the ... I have rebooted in safe mode and done system restore points back to before I ...