Apache HTTP server crashs with XP SP3 and time zone set to GMT+n

I have installed later today the Apache HTTP Server (versions 2.0.46 / 2.2.8) and found that it crashes on XP SP3 in libhttpd.dll. The fault addresses resulted in 2.0.46 and 2.2.8 found they pointed to the same function [ap_recent_ctime()]. but sure at different offset / entry point address. I had got also exceptions during the server shutdown in libapr-1.dll (Apache Portability Runtime library) function apr_time_exp_gmt() which converts a time to its human readable components in GMT time zone.

My first suspicion the local windows time zone because I have it set to GMT+2. After resetting the time zone to GMT+0 the HTTP server to launched successfully without any exception. This workaround is ok but not good as solution.

Any idea how to fix the problem keeping the configured time zone?

Thanks
Don.

  • Re: How to install Apache web server in Fedora 14? Can yum be used for installing?
    ... You are free to use the images below on Apache and Fedora powered HTTP ... How to install Apache web server in Fedora 14? ... The Apache HTTP Server is a powerful, efficient, and ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: HTTP servers on z/OS
    ... IBM HTTP Server is based on the Apache HTTP Server, ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Free z/OS webserver
    ... The HTTP Server that comes with z/OS is a "HTTP Server". ... The IBM HTTP Server (based on Apache HTTP Server) can also run on z/OS. ... The standard IBM HTTP Server V5.3 that comes with z/OS is not Apache based, it is based on the old CERN web server. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • [SLE] http server setup problem in suse 10.0
    ... I would like to set up apache http server only for serving ... localhost requests. ... When it turned to the server configuration (HTTP server wizard) ... I think the localhost interface should be ...
    (SuSE)