Apache HTTP server crashs with XP SP3 and time zone set to GMT+n

I have installed later today the Apache HTTP Server (versions 2.0.46 / 2.2.8) and found that it crashes on XP SP3 in libhttpd.dll. The fault addresses resulted in 2.0.46 and 2.2.8 found they pointed to the same function [ap_recent_ctime()]. but sure at different offset / entry point address. I had got also exceptions during the server shutdown in libapr-1.dll (Apache Portability Runtime library) function apr_time_exp_gmt() which converts a time to its human readable components in GMT time zone.

My first suspicion the local windows time zone because I have it set to GMT+2. After resetting the time zone to GMT+0 the HTTP server to launched successfully without any exception. This workaround is ok but not good as solution.

Any idea how to fix the problem keeping the configured time zone?

Thanks
Don.

.