Re: Unable to Add Domain User to Local Admin Group.

Hello Dtown,

Please describe in detail your setup and post an unedited ipconfig /all from the client.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I can add the PC to the Domain, but when I try to add the Domain user
to the
local admin group of that pc I can't do it.
I don't even get the option to select from the "DOMAIN" that I need to
select the user from. I only get the option to select from that local
PC.
Another thing when the user logs onto the PC, the login script doesn't
run
and we get an error.
I'm wondering if its a DNS issue as this is an issue at a remote
office that
we just hooked up and they are connected back to the main office
through a
VPN Tunnel.
Any suggestions or ideas?

  • Re: scripts
    ... it must be a folder and you have to use a space: ... Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... the sysvol netlogon folder on the server and when the user logs on it ...
  • Getting the list of users in a host. Followup to a previous quest
    ... for posting their thoughts. ... I have a followup question. ... like after the user logs in. ... my program knows if the process can access resource X. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Website Development
    ... I'll absolutely need a database, and a method where the ... user logs in. ... but top posting seems to make sense for some replies. ... > microsoft.public.scripting.jscript "Jonathan Wood" ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.jscript)
  • Re: How to use DataSets without DataBinding?
    ... I am creating a function that is called after a user logs in to my ... some of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours - ... but this is a classic ADO newsgroup. ... collection of the datatable to get to the particular DataRow object you ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: Cannot Copy Default User
    ... Richard McCall [MSFT] ... "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... > When I add a new user I get the following error message ... > when that user logs in. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)