Re: compare ad-aware & bitdefender

On Mar 27, 10:11 am, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Apples vs oranges, I'm afraid: Ad-Aware is an anti-spyware/adware
application while BitDefender is an anti-virus application.
Really?
I investigate the Events in General (lefthand) of BitDefender, which
contains Antispyware and Antivirus.
I scan by using Full Scan mode and Quick Scan mode.
The Full-Scan finished results are shown in events of Antispyware.
The Quick-Scan finished results are shown in events of Antivirus.

I would highly recommend installing Windows Defender, Mike.

Security FAQ & Checklisthttp://www.dslreports.com/faq/8463

[I had no idea BitDefender offered a free AV app. Thanks.]
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net

Mike wrote:
I have both ad-aware 2007 (free) & bitdefender (free v10 OEM)
installed.
I have used them for over half years.
Ad-aware usually detects more than 5 infections everyday; however,
bitdefender detects nearly nothing.
I use Full system scan in bitdefender and smart scan in ad-aware only.
I am wondering why?  Do you have a similar result?

Mike- Hide quoted text -

  • Re: secondary AV program
    ... >eTrust EZ Antivirus that is the resident AV on my WXP Pro SP2 computer. ... >slightly inferior to BitDefender in Total and Without other OS ratings. ... Do a Google for Antidote and MWAV. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Security Suite?
    ... ANTIVIRUS ... Bitdefender v9.0 Standard ... Webroot Spysweeper v4.5...already bought this one and Microsoft Antispyware...seems to run fine alongside Spysweeper ... Not a big fan of most firewall software. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • secondary AV program
    ... I am interested in deciphering this table at the AV Comparatives web ... eTrust EZ Antivirus that is the resident AV on my WXP Pro SP2 computer. ... It seems to me Antivir is slightly superior to AVG and Avast and ... slightly inferior to BitDefender in Total and Without other OS ratings. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • [Full-Disclosure] BitDefender Scan Online(ActiveX) - Remote File Download & Execute & Privat
    ... Exploitation: Remote with browser ... This is a quote of BitDefender Scan Online Description: ... antivirus scanning and cleaning: it scans system's memory, all files, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • BitDefender UPDATE: I look for info
    ... installed it but I think it is a little bit strange antivirus too ... ... When I click on UPDATE key, will Bitdefender update its own antivirus ... what antivirus definition it is downloading? ... I need to exclude a hard drive by Bitdefender scan. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)