Re: Windows XP Registry

You're welcome. Thanks for taking the time to let us know you were able to fix
your problem.

Nepatsfan

"oumalou" <oumalou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
thanks - solved the problem.
--
oumalou

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

"oumalou" <oumalou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I ran a file from Kelly's Korner to resolve a problem with my taskbar and
changed a registry entry. The file is regopen.vbs. The result of running
the
file is that the "lock the taskbar" option is no longer avilable to me and
the taskbar is permanently locked. I would like to undo the change to the
registry entry or how to revert the registry entry back to its origianl
status.
--
oumalou

The file you mention, regopen.vbs, doesn't have any impact on your taskbar.
It
changes the default behavior when the registry editor opens.

See if the registry fix listed below helps fix your taskbar problem.

Line 128, left hand column, Task Bar Unlock

There are two files available on that line, make sure you click on the one to
Unlock.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

  • Re: In regards to MS IE 6.0 Critical update 834489 - Workarounds do not work.
    ... > We have attempted to make the Registry entry, ... > not fix our problems at all. ... > We have a little over 100,000 IP video servers deployed ... > With this patch basically renders our ENTIRE software ...
  • Re: Windows XP Registry
    ... oumalou wrote: ... taskbar and changed a registry entry. ... result of running the file is that the "lock the taskbar" option ... I would like to undo the change to the registry entry or how to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: My Win XP Pro acting strange
    ... I just removed 1 registry entry according to your ... "OShah" wrote: ... >> reinstall or is there a fix?? ... > Open WithEncryptionMenu ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: logon/logoff problem
    ... I am having the same problem but the userinit issue described by Lavasoft is ... If anybody finds a fix, ... >> problem but also my system recovery is not working ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Error messgae
    ... try these fixes from MS ... Fix a: ... This will register the msxml3.dll and the registry entry ... Recently my PC has been displaying an error message and not performing as ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)