Re: "Paste" Doesn't Work

Try Ctrl+Insert(copy) and Shift+Insert(paste) that sometimes works when the "r-button" menu fails.

someone wrote:
Thanks. I tested the copy and paste with Microsoft Word, and it works. However, I tried copying and pasting chess games from an email into a chess software, and they didn't work. But the strange thing is that I was always able to copy and paste those types of game notations into the chess software successfully before. I had noticed that I could not even copy some stuff from some websites since the website would not allow that, but I had been able to copy chess notations on emails before.

"1034" is 1034 mb. I've left that as it is.

"HeyBub" <heybub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:unUIoSbeIHA.5208@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

someone wrote:

Windows XP Pro, Dell 4100. Recently, after I select "copy" from
"edit" I cannot "paste" the copied matter. In fact, "paste" is
grayed out.

Always?

Some files (i.e., some PDFs) are rigged such that the contents cannot be copied. I think with these files you can seemingly "copy" but there's really nothing in the clipboard, so subsequent "paste" is unavailable.

  • Re: Distributed Computing for Chess
    ... > Mr. Wizard wrote: ... >>Does anyone know if there are any websites with information on using ... >>distributed computing for chess. ...
    (rec.games.chess.computer)
  • Re: Distributed Computing for Chess
    ... > Mr. Wizard wrote: ... >>Does anyone know if there are any websites with information on using ... >>distributed computing for chess. ...
    (rec.games.chess.computer)
  • Re: Distributed Computing for Chess
    ... >Does anyone know if there are any websites with information on using ... >distributed computing for chess. ... Guy Macon ...
    (rec.games.chess.computer)
  • Re: "Paste" Doesnt Work
    ... However, I tried copying and pasting chess games from an email into a chess software, and they didn't work. ... But the strange thing is that I was always able to copy and paste those types of game notations into the chess software successfully before. ... I had noticed that I could not even copy some stuff from some websites since the website would not allow that, but I had been able to copy chess notations on emails before. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Disdributed Computing for Chess
    ... Does anyone know if there are any websites with information on using ... disdributed computing for chess. ... computers analyzing different lines of a chess game to come up with the ...
    (rec.games.chess.computer)