Re: "Paste" Doesn't Work

Another possibility. If you use Works Suite, when Word opens it clears the
contents of the clipboard. So if you've copied something from the Web before
opening Word, the clipboard will be empty. As a test, before opening Word,
see if your copied material will paste into Notepad.
"HeyBub" <heybub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
someone wrote:
Windows XP Pro, Dell 4100. Recently, after I select "copy" from
"edit" I cannot "paste" the copied matter. In fact, "paste" is
grayed out.

Always?

Some files (i.e., some PDFs) are rigged such that the contents cannot be
copied. I think with these files you can seemingly "copy" but there's
really nothing in the clipboard, so subsequent "paste" is unavailable.

.