Re: "Paste" Doesn't Work

Another possibility. If you use Works Suite, when Word opens it clears the
contents of the clipboard. So if you've copied something from the Web before
opening Word, the clipboard will be empty. As a test, before opening Word,
see if your copied material will paste into Notepad.
"HeyBub" <heybub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
someone wrote:
Windows XP Pro, Dell 4100. Recently, after I select "copy" from
"edit" I cannot "paste" the copied matter. In fact, "paste" is
grayed out.

Always?

Some files (i.e., some PDFs) are rigged such that the contents cannot be
copied. I think with these files you can seemingly "copy" but there's
really nothing in the clipboard, so subsequent "paste" is unavailable.

  • Re: An atheist professor & his student
    ... Copy this to a file, install Perl, ... # text in the Clipboard and quote/indent ... It clears up the attribute mess in two ways. ... the readibility and clears up confusion related to attribution. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: why does undo feature not work after value entered in cell in exce
    ... Perhaps there is macro activity which clears the clipboard. ... If you were to pose you question in the body of your post and add some ...
  • Re: clipboard
    ... Microsoft MVP - Excel ... www.cpearson.com "sam" wrote in message ... > does anyone know a function that clears the contents of> the clipboard? ... > message that keeps poping up that a large amount of data> is on the clipboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Pasting from clipboard wonkiness
    ... I have a VB project with a RichTextBox control. ... clears the clipboard and saves the selected rich text to the clipboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.vba)
  • Clear the clipboard - VBA Word 2003
    ... I have a VBA procedure which runs properly in Word 2003, ... ...which clears the clipboard when it's finished using it. ... Jacqui Lane ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)