Re: Does rundll32.exe supplies missing parameters??

My question relates more to what a .bat file does.
Or maybe it is what rundll32.exe does.

I've seen the declaration of SetSuspendState and it requires 3 parameters.

But the example I gave supplies one parameter, Hibernate, which isn't set to
anything.
I imagine it is initialized to zero which is false to SetSuspendState.

But when rundll32 calls SetSuspendState it needs to supply 3 parameters and
I've only told it that there is 1 parameter.

If SetSuspendState is called with 1 parameter I wonder if it will grab junk
from the stack for the other two.

Thanks

"Newbie Coder" <newbiecoder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Academia,

The statement you wrote about is the following:

run the powrprof.dll calling the SetSuspendState function passing the
Hibernate as a
boolean parameter

See:

The function declaration is in C++ but the boolean are either TRUE or
FALSE

As you see the function declaration is in PowrProf.h header

Simple, isn't it?

--
Newbie Coder
(It's just a name)

"Academia" <academiaNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If this statement appears alone in a .bat file it causes hibernation
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate

SetSuspendState takes 3 parameters.
What does the above statement supply as parameters?

Why does "Hibernate" have a value?

Thanks

  • Re: Fix Hibernate Command Line
    ... a way to add the effect of SetWakeEventEnabled to the shortcut command line, ... The SetSuspendState function suspends the system by shutting power down. ... Depending on the Hibernate parameter, the system either enters a suspend ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to close file and hibernate?
    ... The Hibernate API looks what I suggested to you in a previous post. ... sub OnTimeHibernate() ... SetSuspendState 1, 1, 0 ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • How to close file and hibernate?
    ... I would like to close existing file and go hibernate, ... the command hibernate cannot be run. ... 'Go into hibernate, force it, but don't disable wake events ... SetSuspendState 1, 1, 0 ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • How to close file and hibernate?
    ... I would like to close existing file and go hibernate, ... the command hibernate cannot be run. ... 'Go into hibernate, force it, but don't disable wake events ... SetSuspendState 1, 1, 0 ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)