Re: Is my Windows XP Registry too big?

Think your Registry needs "cleaning"? Read http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Telenochek wrote:
Dear all,

My windows registry size is 350MB. I do have a lot of CAD (computer
aided design) programs installed, but I was just wondering if this
affects performance of my computer.

Also, is there any need to remove unused entries? I was searching
through the registry for a certain key, and stumbled upon record of a
program that has been uninstalled more than 3 years ago.

RegistryFix 6.2 does not find this entry.

Any suggestions to clean up the registry are welcome...
I am not afraid to ruin my OS (using Norton Ghost with multiple hard
drive images).

Is cleaning out records like the above from the registry going to
help?

Thanks!

  • Re: IDPimmData.dll cant be found
    ... Registry cleaning programs are *all* snake oil. ... driver checker, which also updated the drivers that needed it. ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...
  • Re: 4 Myths of Registry Cleaning
    ... Applicable to all windows except not sure of Vista or version 7 & 8, which seem to be just more Vista. ... 4 Myths of Registry Cleaning ... a smart & safe registry cleaner ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: 4 Myths of Registry Cleaning
    ... 4 Myths of Registry Cleaning ... Windows registry is the "heart and soul" of your Windows ... It appeared that the link was part of the white paper Twayne quoted. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Yet Another Slow Computer
    ... yields a modest 35 ... claims to speed up your PC by "cleaning up" unused registry entries. ... The Total figure represents the amount of memory you are using at that ...
  • Re: Faster boot
    ... Cleaning the registry will not help. ... But if you're the type a cunt ... that wont take no for an answer, ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)