Re: Is my Windows XP Registry too big?

Think your Registry needs "cleaning"? Read and draw your own conclusions.
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin

Telenochek wrote:
Dear all,

My windows registry size is 350MB. I do have a lot of CAD (computer
aided design) programs installed, but I was just wondering if this
affects performance of my computer.

Also, is there any need to remove unused entries? I was searching
through the registry for a certain key, and stumbled upon record of a
program that has been uninstalled more than 3 years ago.

RegistryFix 6.2 does not find this entry.

Any suggestions to clean up the registry are welcome...
I am not afraid to ruin my OS (using Norton Ghost with multiple hard
drive images).

Is cleaning out records like the above from the registry going to

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IDPimmData.dll cant be found
    ... Registry cleaning programs are *all* snake oil. ... driver checker, which also updated the drivers that needed it. ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...
  • Re: 4 Myths of Registry Cleaning
    ... Applicable to all windows except not sure of Vista or version 7 & 8, which seem to be just more Vista. ... 4 Myths of Registry Cleaning ... a smart & safe registry cleaner ...
  • Re: 4 Myths of Registry Cleaning
    ... 4 Myths of Registry Cleaning ... Windows registry is the "heart and soul" of your Windows ... It appeared that the link was part of the white paper Twayne quoted. ...
  • Re: Yet Another Slow Computer
    ... yields a modest 35 ... claims to speed up your PC by "cleaning up" unused registry entries. ... The Total figure represents the amount of memory you are using at that ...
  • Re: Faster boot
    ... Cleaning the registry will not help. ... But if you're the type a cunt ... that wont take no for an answer, ...