Solved: Exception Processing Message c00000a3

I think I've got my solution.

In my original post I wrote that I recently removed my diskette drive and disabled it in the BIOS. Well for someone reason, it became enabled again in the BIOS. Don't know why...probably something I did wrong. For example, when I took out the diskette drive I left the data cable was attached to the motherboard.

In any case, I removed the cable and disabled the diskette drive in the BIOS again and now things seem to be just fine.

Daddy

"Daddy" <daddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:XdqdnUskBtbi5RfanZ2dnUVZ_tuonZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XP Home SP 2

Here is the complete text of the error message I see after Windows starts:

Windows - Drive Not Ready
Exception Processing Message c00000a3 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c

I googled for this error message and saw several different 'solutions', none from sources I trust. The message appears after Windows has started, and after I 'cancel' the message Windows seems to be working just fine.

Seems like a drive problem, obviously. No messages in Event Viewer. I'd like to know what this message is all about and what I need to do to make it ago away.

(Hopefully) helpful hints:

The first time I saw this message: I started my computer with an external hard drive attached - everything fine - shutdown Windows normally, powered off the computer, removed the external hard drive, restarted the computer and whamo - error message.

I recently removed my diskette drive and disabled it in the BIOS. I've restarted my computer many times since then and never saw the error message.

My DVD burner (attached to the secondary IDE channel as master) has been flakey lately and I've been thinking of replacing it.

Appreciate your help.

Daddy

  • Re: Dump of Physical Memory???
    ... Check for variants of the Stop Error message. ... You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools, ... View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP ... Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Dump of Physical Memory???
    ... Disable automatic restart on system failure. ... Check for variants of the Stop Error message. ... You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools, ... View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Explorer crashes
    ... On the IE properties windows you will see these Tabs: ... Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option: ... Have a look in the Event Viewer for error messagesthat can shed some ... Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red or Yellow ...
  • RE: Problem With Search Assistant
    ... How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from ... Under General Tab clear your History, ... Have a look in the Event Viewer for error messagesthat can shed some ... Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red or Yellow ...
  • RE: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    ... On the IE properties windows you will see these Tabs: ... Lots of tools to download and disinfect your machine: ... Have a look in the Event Viewer for error messagesthat can shed some ... Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red or Yellow ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)