Re: Does XP have a WinSxS directory?

There's a bunch of folders containing the common control's dll.

I wonder how the OS decides which one to use.

Thanks

"Claymore" <claymore@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Jan 11, 10:42 am, "Academia" <academiaNOS...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does XP have a WinSxS directory?

I can't find it.

thanks

Hello Academia,

Mine is in the Windows folder.

Go to Start => Run and type in (or copy/paste):
%systemroot%\WinSXS
{no spaces}

  • Re: No Accessories in WinXP Pro MCE
    ... I need to figure out how to later RESTORE my data in M$ Outlook - I use it ... Everyone should see a combination of two start Menu folders. ... Is the Common Start Menu, it appears for anyone who logs on. ... Documents and Settings folder on whatever drive it is located on for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: No Accessories in WinXP Pro MCE
    ... Everyone should see a combination of two start Menu folders. ... Is the Common Start Menu, it appears for anyone who logs on. ... What folder opens for you???? ... Network Setup Wizard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Old-style "Web view" folder in Win XP with SP2
    ... Troubleshooting Windows XP ... > Common Tasks may not be the same, but it's what you get with XP. ... > so they may already be displayed in your folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: How can I move My Videos folder to a new drive?
    ... Stan Hilliard wrote: ... As Synapse Syndrome mentioned TweakUI just doesn't cut it, and found after a booting up my PC, My Videos went right back to where it came from, and a few others. ... Registry Key For User Special Folders ... Common AppData REG_EXPAND_SZ %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Start, All Programs
    ... All the other run commands opened up the correct (i think folders) ... Local AppData REG_SZ C:\Documents and Settings\W. ... Smith> ... Common Start Menu REG_EXPAND_SZ %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)