Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615

My microsoft updates are set to manual for just such occurrenses, so I never
installed and uninstalled explorer 7 because friends had warned me about it.
I guess I will leave KB942615 on the back burner until microsoft comes up
with a fix...

"whomike" wrote:

Bear and Lazarus:

Bear's fix did not work for me either.
I had windows firewall disabled AND my AVG disabled when I did my custom
install the FIRST time.
I always use "custom" option. All I selected were the 3 critical updates.
No IE7.
When I re-boot--error comes back
When I uninstall KB942615--all is well.
I wonder what gives?

"Lazarus56" wrote:

Bear, that didn't help:

I followed your instructions precisely as written - after I completed your
step 5 and restarted IE6, the error came back - here's the event log entry:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000