Re: How can I know that someone is using my computer using VPN

indianjimcarrey2001@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Say I have given given access to some one to access my computer on
VPN.

Later I forgot about it to remove that access.

How can I know that some one is accessing PC using VPN. is there any
kind of indication shows up on desktop that some is watching you by
accessing your PC.

Say I am writing my personal mail and tha guy is watching me by
opening the account on VPN.

please tell me more ..

thanks,

Jimc

Watching you? Well, no, not really. Think of VPN as a long Ethernet cable.
All it's doing is connecting someone's computer to yours. It doesn't
innately confer upon them the ability to spy on you in realtime in the sense
of watching you move your mouse across the screen. That doesn't mean they
couldn't have installed something that *does* let them do this (or capture
your keystrokes, such as a keylogger), but VPN alone isn't the culprit. VPN
could let them see *files* on your computer just as you'd look at files on
any networked computer, though.

Cutting to the chase, what's the purpose of your question ....is this
academic, or are you worried you've got a security breach?

  • Re: How can I know that someone is using my computer using VPN
    ... Say I am writing my personal mail and tha guy is watching me by ... accessing your PC via Remote Desktop (using VPN as the pipeline). ... If it's not RemoteDesktop, my uninformed guess would ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • How can I know that someone is using my computer using VPN
    ... How can I know that some one is accessing PC using VPN. ... Say I am writing my personal mail and tha guy is watching me by ... opening the account on VPN. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [SLE] Firewall recommendation
    ... The ability to setup PPTP VPN access for users to "dial in" from the ... The ability to easily controll access for outgoing traffic (i.e. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Numpty VPN questions
    ... Bruce Horrocks wrote: ... which appeared in your second post in this thread. ... That requires much more than just the ability to VPN from her to you ... Not if you arrange the VPN so she gets internet access via the UK ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Switching to Welcome Screen
    ... XP ''Welcome'' screen is removed and you lose the ability ... The CSgina.dll is needed by the VPN ... >screen/Fast User Switching where we are each represented ...