Re: PC enters sleep mode on boot up and won't wake up

What method do you use in attempting to wake it? Is your mouse and keyboard
set to bring it out of sleep mode?
"Sue at MC Access" <SueatMCAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:46AF1E62-ADFF-4C7D-9F80-222E2C9FC039@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Don't bother buying a new computer, unless you order one with XP. I've had
Vista since July and my computer goes into the sleep mode nearly every
day.
And it's impossible to wake it up. I have to unplug it, and then plug it
in
again. And then it may boot, or just as likely, may not boot. It's a pain
in
the booty - no pun intended!
Sue

"dobey" wrote:

"Martin S" <Martin S@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Does anyone have a clue why my desktop PC now keeps entering sleep mode
few
seconds after being switched on? It is taking dozens of restarts before
it
completes. I have made no changes to power settings. I have run chkdsk
and
created a new boot segment - without avail.

Any help much appreciated.

Martin

Sounds like a hardware error.

You need to describe more fully what is happening.

A "few" seconds. 3, 10, 20?

Can you hear the PC beep, does it behave the same if you turn off power
the PC, i.e. from the wall, then turn it on.

Off hand either VGA or PSU.

  • Re: PC enters sleep mode on boot up and wont wake up
    ... Vista since July and my computer goes into the sleep mode nearly every day. ... And then it may boot, or just as likely, may not boot. ... I have made no changes to power settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • iMac gone nuts...
    ... Sometimes on boot, and invariably on wake from sleep, the screen is ... overlaid with flickering fine horizontal lines, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Sleep mode and the mouse
    ... the McKally Keyboard I have installed would bring the system out of ... Today, when the system goes into sleep mode, it takes the mouse down ... The "new" behavior that you're describing is the standard behavior and I ... IME some mice will wake Tiger with movement, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Unscheduled unattended boot
    ... boot, he was fast asleep. ... $ sudo apt-get intall ethtool ... u Wake on unicast messages ... vague memories of looking for it on their machines recently; ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: problem with my MILs mac
    ... it was in sleep mode recently, when she tried to wake it up ... Mojo is going to act out the solution to the problem. ... Stay tuned for Act Two - Won't Wake Up. ... "We believe Internet Explorer is a really good browser. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)