RE: Startup problem with Windows XP Professional

By the way Andrew, the Windows article I followed was 307881

"Andrew E." wrote:

FAT32 in xp is a bad deal,you should have xp OS in ntfs file system,actually
its default..Either way,try booting to xp cd,recovery,select 1 For C:
Press enter
for password,type:CHKDSK C: /R or type:CONVERT C: /FS:ntfs Then run
CHKDSK C: /R When thru,type:EXIT Let xp start up,remove cd

"thegoose" wrote:

I have a IBM laptop running Windows XP Professional. I have a re-occurring
problem when I turn it on. The message that comes up:

"Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is FAT32

One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the
disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue windows. Will
now check the disk serial number is 3440-10F6. Windows is verifying files and
folders. The size for the windows/system32/config/AppEvent entry is not
valid. Windows has made corrections."

Next screen:

"A problem has been detected and windows will shut down"

Screen goes blank and the same sequence is repeated over and over again.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here ?
.