Re: firewall popup warning, but firewall is ENABLED!

Ogg wrote:
I always get a firewall warning popup even though the firewall (via System Security) clearly indicates that the firewall is on. I am using dialup for internet. The warning popop only occurs after I boot up the computer and use the dialup service the FIRST time. Until the popup actually displays, the dialup session stalls and doesn't proceed. After the popup balloon has reported "no firewall", only then the dialup proceeds. What could be causing this problem, and can it be fixed?

And the name of your firewall is? If it isn't the built in Windows firewall, the pop up is merely showing that the Security Center isn't recognizing your firewall immediately and is nothing to worry about. You can turn off this notification in the configuration of the Security Center. If your firewall is the built in Windows firewall, I don't know what to tell you except to get Comodo, a free, third party firewall.

--
Alias
To email me, remove shoes

  • Re: What is the Pattern here ?
    ... These are all Dialup Connections that I had no connection with at the time. ... It's obviously an enormous security hole, ... > and a real firewall box. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Outpost firewall wont run
    ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a fantastic job ... Deconstructing Common Security Myths. ... Don't fall for software applications touted in publications relying on ...
  • Help with security center and firewall
    ... I unistalled my Norton Internet Security and it seems that it took with ... Windows cannot display Windows firewall ... So I then go to the Windows Security Center in the Control Panel. ...
  • Re: Paranoia or something more sinister?
    ... I should add that you want to verify that your current firewall is correctly ... > make sure that auditing of logon events is enabled in Local Security ... >> reinstalls, upgraded Norton Security to 05, I'm operating Service Pack 2 ... Search & Destroy and a Windows Firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SERVICES - Manual Settings
    ... "The Windows Firewall and Security Center should be set to Automatic" ... I Have the Following Startup Type Settings on "Manual" but. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)