Re: Convert Cd key to product ID

I would run the factory restore CD. You have a VL install and the license is for an OEM.

CCM Geek wrote:

I have 4 compaq deskpro PC's that came with XP Pro. There are stickers on the computers with the XP CD keys.

I want to take those keys and convert them to product ID's to replace the current one on the registry.

Any ideas how to do this?

The current product ID in the registry is from my companys windows image NOT the actual one on the PC's. The company is giving these to employees now and does not want their VL key to be left on the PC's.

  • Re: Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System KB967642 Error Number
    ... The following solution worked on several of our computers that ran into this ... You're going to have to do some simple editing in your registry to overcome ... Meander past all those keys that start with a period way ... When done renaming keys you can install Office Service Pack 2 opening your ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Convert XP Cd key to Registry product Key
    ... The computers will have to be clean installed with the same version of XP as appears on the COA stickers if the key codes on the stickers are to be retained.. ... The current product ID in the registry is from my companys windows image NOT ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Registry run line
    ... > hosing their computers. ... > Can I do it with a group policy or registry permissions? ... Stop making them administrators. ... keys in the registry or files in certain directories. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Convert CD Key to Registry Product Key
    ... the key you try to change to is deemed perhaps invalid they'll hose your ... I want to take those keys and convert them to product ID's to replace the ... The current product ID in the registry is from my companys windows image ...
  • Re: Convert CD Key to Registry Product Key
    ... stickers on the computers with the XP CD keys. ... I want to take those keys and convert them to product ID's to replace ... The current product ID in the registry is from my companys windows ...