Re: Convert Cd key to product ID

I would run the factory restore CD. You have a VL install and the license is for an OEM.

CCM Geek wrote:

I have 4 compaq deskpro PC's that came with XP Pro. There are stickers on the computers with the XP CD keys.

I want to take those keys and convert them to product ID's to replace the current one on the registry.

Any ideas how to do this?

The current product ID in the registry is from my companys windows image NOT the actual one on the PC's. The company is giving these to employees now and does not want their VL key to be left on the PC's.

.