Re: CPU Resource Question

That all sounds within acceptable ranges to me. Sounds like the webcam is a real memory hog; many of them are.
--
~PA Bear

tempgal wrote:
I didn't connect the second power supply because I was afraid something bad
would happen. Was hoping that by posting the question here that someone
would tell me whether or not that fear was justified.

With regard to the Task Manager info, I mentioned that I had re-installed
the software onto the notebook computer. The notebook has only a 60GB hard
drive but the same 1GB of memory as the desktop. That computer runs XP
Home, SP2. Now, moments after starting, it is not at 100% but about 60%.
Manycam, which is the webcam software which enables more than one video
program to function at the same time is 48 in the CPU column. The
Camstreams encoder is only showing 8. The System Idle Process is at 45.
Most of the rest are at 00.

I'm not using a USB hub with the notebook computer. The webcam is connected
directly to the computer.

In the Mem Usage column several programs seem to have inordinately high
memory usage. The Camstreams Encoder is at 43,372, Explorer.exe at 36,948,
ManyCam at 22,460, RTVscan at 27,720, and one of the Svchost.exe at 27,876,

Thanks.