Re: Start / Program Menu Disappears

Peter R wrote:
Hello,

I've noticed lately that when I click the Start button, the menu appears for a moment then seems to drop behind the taskbar quickly and then disappears entirely. If I click the Start button a second time then I am able to use the menu. But after I do some other tasks for few moments and go back to the Start button, then menu disappears again and I need to click it a second time to use it.

I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but I've also noticed that Windows has stopped starting my screensaver after 5 minutes and no longer turns off my monitors like it should.

Any idea what could be causing all this?

Thank you for any help!
Peter

Windows XP Pro SP2

( For the start menu issue, I tried the .bat file posted in the following thread but it didn't work: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&tid=e606ebbe-b5fe-4c80-9469-2635e30b87a9&cat=en-us-ms-winxp&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1
)

Try this registry fix then. You can edit it to see what it does first.

Line 117. Restore Taskbar and Start Menu

And there are a few fixes available at this site without downloading the software:

Line 298. Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

--
Joe =o)
.