Scheduled Task Fails.

I've schedule a task (shutdown - not the MS version) to run at a certain
time. When I run this program "Manually" all works well. However the
schedule task fails.

The account I use has admin privs, but DOES not have a password. I suspect
that is the issue.

Having said that, I run WinTvPVR and have serveral scheduled recordings that
run under the same account without fail.

What am I missing?

(System: WinXP, SP2 etc.)

Thanks.

  • Re: Grant Object Access
    ... Tweaking the ACL on the service will let the account inquire ... > has no control over the scheduled tasks in themselves (all the user can do ... > "Roger Abell" wrote in message ... >>> Schedule service correctly without making it a local administrator? ...
  • Re: Synchornize date script
    ... I create an account called schedule, ... because the user doesnt have permission to modify the date, because with a user with admin rights, the script works just fine. ... The least safe approach is to use logon scripts, as you must use alternate credentials which exposes the administrator password. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Scheduled tasks password problem
    ... What does it matter what account the task runs as, ... Also, schedule tasks should not have any user interaction, ... "Tim" wrote in message ... > reason I mentioned norton is because the automatic virus ...
  • Re: Task scheduler wont work on logoff
    ... "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote: ... Assuming, then, that I want to add a user account to localgroup ... administrators called 'Schedule' with a password zq1243, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Task scheduler wont work on logoff
    ... specified in the command line. ... The "Schedule" account should be entered ... can't be specifying 'Schedule' correctly as get an error code that the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)