Re: Microphone problems/HP dv9005us w/Conexant HD audio

"MJMHouston" <michael.murray@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I searched these forums but did not find any posts with a similar
problem, so here goes:

I have an HP Pavilion dv9005us laptop running WinXP. The laptop has
embedded microphones, as well as a mic jack, but neither seems to work
well. When I try to record sound it is very faint unless I am almost
yelling, and there is a lot of background hiss. I have done everything
I can think of including:

- I updated the drivers from HP for Conexant HD audio
- I made certain that the mic volume was boosted to full
- I checked the external mic on a different system and it worked fine
- I DO NOT have any trouble with the audio, just recording

One thing I have NOT been able to do is to activate the "Microphone
Boost" feature that some KB's suggest, because the path to get there
is
grayed out on my system. I've posted this problem on some other forums
and found that there are others with both Pavilion/Presario laptops
and
HP Special Edition laptops with a similar problem, and while it seems
be a common problem, it is not a universal problem.

Does anyone have a clue how to get the microphones working? I have to
believe that it is primarily a software glitch since the audio is
fine.

You have an HP OEM system. Contact HP for support.

  • Re: Newbie question about VPN, Win Xp and BEFSX41
    ... Also look at this remark to another thread on the DSL/Broadband Reports forums... ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ... if I want to connect to the home LAN from my laptop at ...
  • Re: Import or Post?
    ... technical assistance these forums provide. ... the many times I have read your posts in the ... I have Outllook on both my PC and laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: TV Tunver and Laptop
    ... I have a Hauppauge WinTV USB, and a HP Pavilion zt3350EA Laptop. ... confused as to how to get audio from the recordings. ... My Laptop does not have a line in port, so I had guessed that the Mic Jack ...
    (uk.tech.tv.video.pvr)
  • Re: WoW Forums Really Know How To Freak Out a Girl
    ... Now the Forums are back up, and this time when I logged in, I was ... screen gets cracked because I dropped it or smacked it at just the right angle on a corner or something, or I lose/misplace my keys and it's 5 minutes till the raid.....or just as bad that happens occasionally - my wife can't find HER keys and takes mine because she knows I'm not going anywhere tonight....I could see me trying to call her on the cell asking her to push the button and read off the numbers to me, and her phone is in the locker at the gym for 2 more hours - lol ... But I ended up getting one and it resides at all times in the little white box it came in inside a specific compartment in my laptop case. ... Now, if I could only be that diligent with other important things - like my wallet, cell phone, etc.... ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: 7 years ago today
    ... As many of the ex L1 folk may remember I was in Florida on that day. ... laptop was my only connection to the outside world 'cos as far as the media ... the L1 forums that I got info about flights restarting etc when I was ... The laptop paid for itself in one go ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)