Re: RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-017
Vulnerabilities in GDI Could Allow Remote Code Execution (925902)
'Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-017: Vulnerabilities in GDI Could
Allow Remote Code Execution (925902)'
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS07-017.mspx)

...is the culprit. And, I think, there may have been two releases
today. Microsoft does have a patch please see:
'MS07-017: Vulnerability in GDI could allow remote code execution'
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=925902)
'The Realtek HD Audio Control Panel may not start, and you receive an
error message when you start the computer: \"Illegal System DLL
Relocation\"' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/)

Officer S. Trent

Ren;305299 Wrote:
After installing KB925902, I get error message

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application
will not
run properly. The relocation occured because the DLL
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an adress range reserved for
Windows
system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new
DLL."

upon boot. Any idea why and how to fix this?

--
laser_1169
.